Sunday, October 31, 2010
Saturday, October 30, 2010
- Tony was excited at the prospect of riding a carousel -- first ride.
- He was too short for many of the rides. So we only did two.
- Waiting to get on the second ride, Tony did not like to stand still in the cattle gates used to get people to queue. I had to let him over the fence, with the desire to let him run, and with the hope that he would come back to me when the queue could move and enter the ride. One time I caught him and lifted him over the fence so he would be back with me, but he insisted on being let go. So, I let him go again. But it turned out that he needed to pee. So what he did, after I lifted him over the fence, was to drop his pants and take a pee on the sidewalk to the amusement of all the people waiting in the queue.
- Eventually, we were all able to enter the building, with one big room, in which there was a wide platform with fences to lean against. The platform was surrounded by eight screens placed on the walls so that they surrounded the platform. On the screens, video was shown so that one had the visual sensation of being in the scene -- and the platform tilted and shook so one felt the physical sensation of being n the scene. I thought it was cool, but Tony was scared.
- Tony was most fascinated by a water fountain that was at the center of the amusement park. Strong streams of water were shot in high arches above a fifty meter line of canopies and statues. Upward projecting faucets shot the stream of water from both sides of the line. It was here that we spent the last half hour of our time at the park. When Tony saw me stand up, he thought that I wanted to leave so he encouraged me to sit down.
- Tony curled up to sleep on the bus ride home.
Friday, October 29, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
- TKIC just had its' 2000th page view at TKIC blogspot!
- Jenny bought Tony another train set on Thursday. This train set came with a Thomas the Train Engine that pulls one car. Tony was of course over-obsessing about the train. He got out of bed, on his own initiative this morning, to look atit. And as with the other train set, he was constantly demanding his father do some "repair" work, though what work Tony wanted exactly, his father could not determine.
- It is Halloween day at Tony's school, today, and so all the kiddies are wearing costumes -- all it would seem, but Tony who has resisted efforts to have his costume put on. I think he is upset at having to leave his new train set to go to school.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Blame it on the Zebra.
Tony went on a school trip to the Zoo on Wednesday.
While there, Tony ran to look at the Zebra, but he didn't see the step that was just in front of the cage. He tripped over the step and fell on his face. He got scratches on his nose and a very swelled upper lip. The teachers told Jenny that he didn't cry.
When Tony got off the bus, back at the school, Jenny said she didn't recognize him -- his lip swelled so much.
I didn't hear about it till I arrived home. I nearly tripped over the fruit basket that the teachers had bought to apologize for what happened.
Tony didn't go to school today. Jenny said he said that he had mouth pain. Jenny may take him to the hospital. I think Tony will be fine after a few days -- I want him to come with me on my school field trip to a Suzhou Halloween theme park.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
Sunday, October 24, 2010
- He knows how to say "change the DVD!".
- For twenty minutes, he lies on the floor playing with his train set.
- Tony plays with a CD case.
- Tony likes to crawl under my raised knees as I lie on the bed.
- Tony likes to sleep in a position perpendicular to that of his parents.
- He seemed to want to go to school. He was up before his mother whose duty it was to take him.
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Friday, October 22, 2010
- Tony has been a disturbance in class. He doesn't pay attention to the teacher, and the other students are distracted by him.
- Tony likes to play with water. He often takes basins and fills them to the brim and beyond with H2O.
- Tony peed the bed this morning -- our fault because we forgot to put a diaper on him.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
It is a art to wake up Tony in a no-fuss and humane way. And I don't claim to have perfected the art, but I feel I have been effective the last couple days. What I have done is that I gently prod him, singing him gentle songs, tickling him, and getting him into a mischievous instead of bothered mood -- this morning, I had him smiling as he pushed me around so that when his mother came to dress him, he was ready to go.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
- We took Tony to a restaurant on Tuesday evening. He wouldn't sit still. He annoyed his father by wanting to go out of the restaurant.
- Tony may one day break our bed because of all his jumping and stomping thereon.
- Tony got a new toy: a Hot Wheels '77Chevy Van. It appears that his train set obsession has waned.
- Tony likes to crumple the pages of his Dr. Seuss book.
- Tony can say colours.
- Tony can't pay attention in Chinese class -- the teacher reports. This worries his mother but his father says give him a year and he will be okay. Tony is too young yet for this sort of thing.
- Is Tony still obsessed by the train set? I will find out in a hour or so when I pick up him from school and take him home.
- Will Tony be a writer, a priest, a mechanic, a politician, a lawyer, a plumber, or, heaven forbid, a government worker? Really this question is not so important in itself. As long as whatever he does suits his abilities and dreams. What I do want him to be, is good like a gentleman or saint.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Friday, October 15, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
The lyrics are sung to the tune of Old Man River.
Monday, October 11, 2010
- Tony seemed to enjoy the train station two-step scene when I put on my Oklahoma! DVD for him.
- When I park the Electric Bicycle underground for charging, Tony refuses to come down. He hangs out at the top of the stairwell which is close to a road. When I park the bike, I lose eye contact with Tony. It scares me because I worry about Tony wandering into traffic. Many drivers scoot through the apartment complex without consideration for pedestrians.
- I was playing catch with Tony on Monday evening. I was throwing it into his arms so he couldn't possibly not catch it. Still, it is a start.
- At his bedtime, it is really annoying when Tony jumps on the bed like a monkey.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Saturday, October 9, 2010
- Saturday Night, Tony jumps, puts a ball in a hole in the wall (that would be used by a flat screen television), watches the ball come out a lower hole, hops, picks up the ball, and crawls.
- I wish Tony wouldn't call me "Andis". He can only call me Dad. I get no respect from him sometimes.
- Tony has used his little red plastic toy hammer on the walls of Casa K leaving an indelible mark.
Friday, October 8, 2010
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Monday, October 4, 2010
Tony didn't care so much for the fact of being where he was. He just wanted to throw some rocks.