Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Monday, August 29, 2011
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Friday, August 26, 2011
- Tony currently has a sense of entitlement. e.g. he cried when the front seat on a bus was occupied -- he had become so used to getting it.
- Tony likes to hit his Daddy. He wouldn't dare do that to his mother.
- Tony goes in the living room. He is looking for something. Dad asks Tony what he is looking for. Tony replies that he is looking for a black mobile phone. Dad later learns that Tony likes to use the phone's camera feature.
- Tony still likes listening to the Jam.
- Tony likes to watch Ultramon.
- Tony loves the Ipad.
- Tony is not so interested in his big collection of Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars. He likes them at the store enough to insist that someone buys them for him. But as soon as he gets home, he has got to play with the Ipad or the train set.
- Tony will put things away when he is told to.
- Tony always asks his father for milk.
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Thursday, August 18, 2011
It is mid-August and Tony is back in school. This means the daily struggle to get him to wake up has renewed.
Tony has been passionate in his desire to not get up early. But his mother reports that compared to his classmates, Tony is better-behaved when he finally does get to class. His classmates are lying on the floor crying for their mommies.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Saturday night,our apartment complex had an outdoor movie show. My wife wanted to go. I only wanted to go for a short time to see the set up -- I was tired from having worked all day.
The movie was shown in the basketball court close to which there is a playground. There were lots of kids for Tony to play with, and housewives for Jenny to talk to. I could only stand around.
I watched Tony for a short while before deciding it was time for me to go home. I said goodbye to Tony and he started crying and screaming "Daddy! Daddy!" The fact that Mom was going to stay with him didn't placate him one bit. Tony had me feeling I couldn't leave.
I tried to leave later and Tony got upset again. I tried to take him with me, carrying him on my shoulders, and he started screaming "Mommy! Mommy!"
When a child doesn't know what he wants, he can be very annoying.
Friday, August 5, 2011
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Another cute Tony moment.
Tuesday morning, I moved my son because he was to close to the edge of the bed -- half of him was dangling.
As I picked him up and laid him down, he said "Wo shui jiao (我睡觉)!" which in English means I'm sleeping.
The first time he has ever said such a thing in such a manner.