Wednesday, March 17, 2010

chuan (1) xie(2) xie (2)! Put on your shoes!

That is one of the Chinese phrases Tony does know.

Last night, I was laying in bed while Tony, was in the other bedroom, playing a game on the computer.  When he has had problems with the game (because he pressed a wrong key), or when he has wanted to change the game (often -- damn his attention span!), he has looked for me. 

Usually, I have sat beside him and studied Chinese while he has played on the computer.  But, last night, I was feeling a little put-off by his constantly interrupting my Chinese study so I decided to make him work to find me and retreated to the bedroom.

Five minutes later, Tony came looking for me.  And when he saw me laying on the bed with my slippers on the floor beside, he grabbed the slippers and told me to "chuan xie xie".  

It was the first time he had ever used a correctly worded imperative on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment